Monday, August 17, 2020

Rebuilding Orchard Place, East London

There are cranes everywhere you look in the area known for centuries as Orchard place. I've included an old map of the area and an architects view of the finished development. I took a walk round this area last Monday before moving on to the Excel area of Docklands for my lift home. It is hard to remember the old docks that we used to visit as children but the map shows them clearly enough!! The reconstruction area includes Trinity Wharf which I visited some years ago - it is largely unchanged other than the large apartment blocks being constructed all round it. The Excel building itself looked forlorn with the car Park roped off and huge oxygen cylinders in place in case the Nightingale Hospital is ever required. 
 
 
  

No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so