Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Back to Macro

My quest this year has been to investigate options for doing extreme macro i.e. more than 1:1. Having built various lens combinations etc (see earlier posts), I am now testing a macro lens that will do up to twice life size. Definitely not mastered a technique for using or lighting an unstabilized high magnification lens but here a few test shots at different focus distances. The first is around 1:1; the second, an intriguing Ant Damsel Bug larval instar, at 2:1 and the others at various magnifications. I will wait for a very still day to try on static insects such as greenfly. If nothing else, I have discovered a new species for the garden list as I would have passed by the Ant Damsel Bug, thinking it to be an Ant.
 
 

No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so