Sunday, January 12, 2020

Processing Variations

I often find it difficult to choose what exposure to use for an image and then how to process it so I have been reviewing a set if images that I liked to decide how to process and print them. I bracketed three RAW exposures originally but (as almost always) it was the middle exposure (i.e. that chosen by my Fuji) that gave the widest tonal range when processed even though the highlights were flagged as overexposed on my camera screen - far left image. Then two colour and two monochrome conversions - needless to say still not sure on my preferred.

1 comment:

Barry Badcock said...

Interesting set. I prefer the darker of the sets and the mono over the colour - but that is a marginal preference.

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so