Thursday, March 29, 2018

Testimony to the Waterproofing of the Fuji-XT1

On Sunday in a freak accident, I dropped my Fuji-XT1 into a trough of water under a greenhouse bench. It was fully submerged for a minute or so before retrieving it and quickly turning it off and drying as far as possible with tissues. When I removed the lens, there was no water in the main part of the camera with the sensor completely dry but water had got into the view finder, battery and card slots. It was stored in a sealed bag of rice and then dryed in front of a fan for several days. It works fine though of course time will tell if any contacts corrode.
The Zeiss macro lens is also fine though still not quite dry so, as you can see, as it cools condensation appears inside giving a very pleasing soft focus effect. I hope it will also fully dry in time.


No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so