Friday, March 13, 2020

Gardening for Wildlife

Rushden U3A Garden Club booked a talk from me with the title 'Gardening for Wildlife' and, though it meant writing a new talk especially for the event, I really enjoyed preparing for it and delivering the lecture yesterday. I keep part of my garden for Meadow flowers - the front area is grassland, which is mowed in late August only  (Scabious, Cowslip, Buttercup, Clover, Knapweed). Two areas in the back  are sown with cornfield annuals one in full sunlight and very dry (Corn Marigold, Corn Cockle, Corn flower etc), the other a shadier, moister area with Red campion and Salad Burnet. Hard to believe these will be dense with flowers and, hopefully, insects in a few months time.



No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so