Saturday, March 12, 2016

RSPB Old Moor Reserve

As a consequence of having my laptop and wildlife camera gear stolen from the boot of the car, I will now always carry all camera gear and computers with me when away from home lecturing, so they need to be as light as possible. Yesterday, I visited Old Moor reserve on the way to talk at Sheffield and used the Fuji XT-1 and 50-140mm lens for a bit of bird snapping to see how it performed. Some of these are quite large crops but still show good detail. Not as high hit rate as with the Canon and I have yet to master anything moving but surprised at the ability to focus even where distracting branches as in last two.

1 comment:

tomcurtis said...

Excellent photos.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomcurtisvideos/

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so