Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hamnoy Bridge and Sakrisoy Lofoten Islands, Norway

These images were taken within an hour and yet the colour of the light was so different it makes white balance adjustment very tricky and I am not at all happy with the results - the blues tend on the cyan side and if corrected the images look 'muddy'. I only have Lightroom while travelling but I am looking forward to trying some of the Nik suite on them. Of course, Ian will remind me that I should have been travelling with a colour checker passport! The last pair of images are shot at 0.5 sec and 30 secs (using a 10-stop neutral density filter.


1 comment:

Ian Wilson said...

You may find that a custom camera profile (which can be made after you get back) will sort out the strange colours. Also, there's no guarantee that your laptop screen is terribly accurate, so I won't be too hard on you for not taking a Colour Checker Passport!

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so