Thursday, December 11, 2014

Night Photography in Cambridge II

Eight CCC members braved the cold on Sunday evening to have a go at night photography.It was a full moon night  which made the taking of a few more of images of King's College from the Backs  for a magazine article impossible so our best shots were from Garret Hostel Bridge where the moon was not in the frame. The first image shows the view towards Trinity - I love the way the Plough constellation (righthand side) is reflected in the water. This shot was taken 30secs, f8 iso 800. I also tried a long exposure (200secs ). This resulted in significant star  trails as expected; to get the exposure where stars do not leave a trail divide 600 by (focal length of lens X crop factor). So for 16mm lens this is 37secs.

  I also needed a picture of myself taking the shot - Phil obliged with this image. 


No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so