Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Cokin P007 filter for Infrared Photography


I have been playing around with a p007 deep red filter to give an infrared -type image. My first attempts were a failure as light could get into the lens round the side of the Cokin filter holder, so I glued the round Cokin P007 filter to an adaptor ring of the right size for my Fuji lens and today trialled this. This has worked well and I now get an image with some of the characteristics of an infrared sensor at least if converted to monochrome. Images 4, 5 and 7 are without the filter.  Generally they seemed to work best with a slight toning. It will be a useful addition to the 'travel' camera bag when carrying my heavy Canon converted infrared camera is not appropriate.


No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so