Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Madingley War Cemetery in the Snow

I decided to take a break from the decorating this morning and review some of the images I took after the recent snow. Here are four from the American War Cemetery.

I had to take the trees first as I love their curvy branches. It had snowed and there had also been freezing fog overnight so all the branches were covered in snow and ice.The frozen water was an almost pure cyan colour. The sky at this stage was grey as there was still high level fog. A little later the fog lifted and there were glimpses of the sun. I changed to the 15mm fish eye as I kn ow it will shoot direct into the sun with no appreciable flare.
The sky cleared for a time but the light was a pastel orange. This is my favourite (well so far!)

No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so