Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Report 5 on Wildlife Garden

I have been documenting how my garden has progressed after redesigning areas at the beginning of 2020. Everything is now dying down with most of the wildflowers long finished flowering and their seed all dispersed. The meadow/lawn was given a strim in early October and Yellow Rattle seed sowed hoping for some plants next year to help control the grass. I have cut any areas where flowering has finished and left the seed heads to disperse in situ, having collected some seed from all the different species to distribute to other areas. This results in a very untidy look for a couple of months but does ensure good dispersal for next year. I include 1 image from July to show how it looked and the last image is the view from the garden of a Buzzard warming up in the morning sun.



No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so