Sunday, January 6, 2019

Liverpool Anglican Cathedral

The cathedral is based on a design by Giles Gilbert Scott, and was constructed between 1904 and 1978. The total external length of the building is 207 yards (189 m) making it the longest cathedral in the world. In terms of overall volume, Liverpool Cathedral ranks as the fifth-largest cathedral in the world. I think for me it would rank as one of the ugliest but I am sure many people would not agree. I couldn't get an exterior photo I liked so have borrowed one.
Photos included of the 27-foot-high sculpture, made of more than 100,000 knives, outside the cathedral. The knives were the result of collection points for knives confiscated from individuals by 43 police forces across the country.

 

No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so