Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Wicken Fen - Birds in Autumn Settings

We very much enjoyed our 5 mile walk round Wicken Fen yesterday and saw a good selection of birds - some are shown here. They have cleared the front of the hides so good views of Redshank, Pied Wagtails, Teal, Gadwall and Pintail (bit distant). Favourite image probably the Female Read Bunting (on a reed!) but also pleased with Kestrel taking off. Following a very informative talk by Danny Green illustrated by excellent images which all showed a great sense of pictorialism, I have been a bit more adventurous with my cropping - refreshing after all the years of talks to have a presentation that made me want to revisit my approach to nature photography.

1 comment:

Caroline Gill said...

Wonderful images. We were at Wicken last Saturday, and remarked how many birds we heard but how few we saw! My blog post is here.

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so