Saturday, July 12, 2014

Wicken Fen

 For once the weather was just right for the RPS Nature Group outing that I was running at Wicken Fen. It started cool and misty giving us time to get our eye in and adjust the cameras. These Giant Water Beetles put on quite a show including nipping my finger when I tried to move a distraction in the pool. It then cleared to a very warm, sunny and windless afternoon. There were lots of Ruddy Darters around - some mating pairs which gave the usual depth of field problems - at F16 they are well in focus throughout but the background is intrusive; at F9 parts of the wing are out of focus but a good background. I spent a lot of time trying to capture my favourite dragonfly, the Brown Hawker, in flight.

1 comment:

Framedlight said...

Not just 1 but 2 brown hawkers! Congratulations

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so