Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ely Cathedral Outing

Great trip to Ely yesterday and thanks to Lionel I got on the tour up into the octogan - owe you a lunch next outing. I have just got a Canon G12 as I wanted a good compact to act as a backup on my forthcoming trip to the Swiss Alps so this was a good time to test it. It takes Raw and appears pretty grain free at the low ISOs.


It has so many bells and whistles I can't imagine anyone would use them all but the HDR did seem pretty impressive. The first picture below is in camera HDR and the second HDR from RAW images processed with Nik effects HDR software. The colours are a bit more muted with the in camera HDR but this could be sorted in processing though of course it is now a jpeg. The images below this are also in camera HDR.

No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so