Friday, January 14, 2011

More on the printing

These notes are to remind me next time what I did to make the silk screens for printing from a photograph. Instead of using the posterisations as tone separations, which was my original thought, I made three separate separations for the background, midtones and black areas using colour range. They were adjusted to the required size (A3) at 600 dpi, gray scale and bitmap and printed out onto digital transfer film on an Epson 7600 printer.

I then added some texture in the white area of the midtone positive by applying waste black toner suspended in water. As it dried, I moved the film around to create interesting patterns.

The next stage will be to make photographic negatives from these positives which will be applied to the silk screens.














No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so