Friday, July 26, 2024

Olympus 'Tough' Camera

Like many people who enjoy photography, I have accumulated quite a few cameras over my very long photographic journey. Yesterday I 'played' with my Olympus Tough (G6) purchased when I was going on a trip to Antigua 5 years ago.  This and a trip to South Africa 20 years ago were my only two 'big' holidays and were partly chosen to try and fulfill a lifetime ambition to snorkel among the Coral reefs. Unfortunately the African attempt proved futile as the recommended beach for wading out had breakers about 4 metres high and in Antigua again the seas proved too rough to safely snorkel, so now I give it occasional water outings such as yesterday at Paxton pits but also find it a very adequate pocket camera for recording insects etc when taking a walk. It has a supermacro mode that allowed me to photograph the very small Weevil in the centre of a Ragwort floret

No comments: