Saturday, February 4, 2023

Brighton Trip: Birds and Concrete

 The final post from my birthday trip to Brighton and two favourite subjects: birds and concrete.
 I did not remember Fulmars on the cliffs in Sussex from my keen birdwatching teenage years but there is now a very large colony on the cliffs at Ovingdean and research confirmed that they were not recorded as breeding until 1976. They were very busy setting up nest sites and territories as expected in January when they return from the sea.
My other interest well supported on this trip is concrete architecture (there is a Concrete Appreciation Society so I am not alone!!) The new town hall in Hove was built by John Wells-Thorpe in the Brutalist architecture style, predominantly out of concrete clad and was officially opened in 1974.

No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so