Monday, December 21, 2020

Cyanotypes and Trees

Projects often don't work out the way I planned but sometimes the results can be just as interesting as a 'success' would have been.  I printed the tree outlines on what I thought was ink-jet compatible film but discovered it was not stable or solid enough to act as a mask when exposing a cyanotype-coated paper to the light. However the exposed cyanotype before removing the film and washing the print proved an excellent starting point for further manipulations in the computer. Different papers, exposure time and types of light have created variations and combining some with negatives of the tree images has furthered the variation.

1 comment:

Bev said...

These are absolutely gorgeous, Ann! I love them!
:)

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so