The bright low winter sunshine lit the choir stalls and choirscreen with coloured light through the stained glass windows and allowed detail to be recorded that is impossible in dull light.
A few notes here from English Heritage on dates etc. The Chapel was built between 1446 and 1515, and the glass was added between 1515 and 1531. The building is an outstanding example of the craftsmanship of the period. The fan-vault of the roof was designed and built by John Wastell, master-mason 1512-15. The timber roof was built by Martin Prentice and Richard Russel 1508-15; it is of 24 bays. The windows form one of the finest and most complete sets of late medieval stained glass in Europe. The Organ is by Renee Harris, 1688. Screen of magnificent oak carving, 1533-36 with the central doors of 1636. Choir stalls of oak, 1533-6. The Chapel was paved with marble 1702 and Portland stone 1775.