Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Jokulsarlon Beach - My Iceberg

After photographing the dawn light over the lagoon, we went down onto the beach where all the icebergs are washed back to land after travelling from the lagoon to the sea. I walked along the top of the beach looking for a tall iceberg to shield the sun and get some backlighting. This was ' my iceberg' with wonderful colours and shape. I revisited him throughout the day until towards sunset it was washed out to sea again by the high tide. Different shutterspeeds and viewing from different angles to keep the sun behind the berg as long as possible. I am afraid there are more images from this beach to follow but it was our longest visited location.

 

No comments:

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so