Kew Palace was built as a private house in 1631 and used by the royal family between 1729 and 1818. In happier times, George III, Queen Charlotte and their 15 children enjoyed a relatively simple domestic routine at Kew. In later years the atmosphere darkened as Kew became a retreat for the ailing King as his 'madness' took over. Great to be able to wander through the reconstructed Georgian rooms on the ground and first floor and then see the original state on the top floor. The two final images are each 6-part panoramas.