Saturday, March 29, 2014

Nottingham Rock Cemetery

 On Friday afternoon I visited the  Nottingham Church (Rock) Cemetery. The graveyard  is built into sandstone rock and looks very much like an old style Necropolis with caves. Catacombs were built into a larger cave but they were never used. The Cemetery was laid out by Edwin Patchitt for the Church Cemetery Company and was opened in 1856. It abounds in Victorian stone angels. 
The weather was dull with some rain so not an ideal backdrop. As I was in Nottingham to give workshops on Blending modes in Photoshop and the Nik software, I used the techniques to process some of the images. 

1 comment:

moira richards said...

I like to walk around there it's not morbid it's history and fascinating at the same time. Right down at the bottom why is this army person on his own?

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so