Saturday, August 27, 2011

Blist's Hill


I last visited Blist's Hill about fifteen years ago and took a series of infrared images so I was keen to try the same viewpoints with my digital infrared. The trees have grown a lot over the years and a whole restored Victorian town has arrived but I managed most of the views (I will post one of the original images when back from our trip).
The original mine produced coal, clay and iron ore - the coal was converted to coke, which fuelled the blast furnaces and the clay was used to make bricks to line the furnaces. Only limestone was brought in from outside the site.





1 comment:

Ian Wilson said...

Love the high key treatment, which suits these images very well. Not immediately obvious that this would be so, given the grim, industrial subject matter, but it certainly works!

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so