Monday, August 17, 2009

International Centre for Birds of Prey

We called at the International Centre for Birds of Prey on the way back from Wales. It is situated near Newent and has a very extensive collection of raptors. They have a very good record for breeding from their captive birds including a Golden Eagle.

Visit their website (www.icbp.org) to learn more about the Centre.

These two peregrine pictures were taken during one of their flying displays - I love the graphic nature of the images - remind me of the paintings in the Thorburn bird books that I have treasured since I first became interested in bird watching.
The Yellow-billed kite image isn't unfortunately very sharp but I was so amazed by the Concorde impersonation that I have shared it on my blog

1 comment:

Christopher Harland said...

Hello Ann. Watching your blog regularly. I love these images and agree they are very "Thorburnish". I am not a wildlife photographer but greatly appreciate the efforts of those who are.

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so