Monday, June 15, 2009

Slimbridge



The Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust headquarters at Slimbridge has changed a lot since I last visited. They have a very large collection of ducks and geese from round the world but I concentrated on the wild species - in particular, the Kingfishers and Herons. The kingfishers are onto their second brood and the young from the first were around along the river chasing each other. I wished I had a really long lenses as there were some great action shots. This one perched close enough for a reasonable shot.





The Heron spent a long while staring into the water but, unfortuately, didn't catch anything.

















Thunderstorms arrived over the Welsh hills later in the afternoon giving sone atmospheric skies.

1 comment:

Chris Fell said...

Fantastic shot of the chaser. I must go back - they weren't active when I visited a couple of weeks ago

Chris

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so