Monday, October 23, 2017

Guernsey - Milky Way Ticked Off Wish List

I was hopeful knowing that the skies are very dark in Guernsey that I would be able to see and photograph the Milky Way but have been disappointed so many times before. This trip the conditions were exactly right with two very clear nights and the Milky Way arching across the sky at a reasonable hour. Thanks Chris who took us to a good foreground point on one night. I used the 8mm fisheye on the second night to capture the arc right across Cobo Bay. A few starry skies to finish - last image is 7.5 minutes - I have a series of shorter ones to stack but not enough to make a good trail shot.
 


2 comments:

Barry Badcock said...

Beautiful Ann. Well done. I wonder what the blue light is in the last photo?

Ann Miles said...

UFO? No idea but most likely is something reflecting onto the lens.

Ann Miles Photography - My Favourite Images of the Past10 years or so